Saturday, February 18, 2012

Plywood Moustache

Hubby launched into a little weekend project early this morning (after a cup of coffee and a read of the newspaper of course). He had some left over plywood from a recent project and he asked me if there were any shapes that I would like him to cut out of the timber. Hmmmmm....I decided on a moustache shape!!! I have previously written about being a wee bit taken by the whole moustache trend lately. I just think that anything moustachie,(yes - made up word)except on hubby...too prickly, is cute and fun.


Hubby found a template from the internet and off he went into his workshop.




I have seen a similar version at Typo. The Typo moustache was made from cork rather than plywood and the moustache was much larger and intended as a wall hanging. I think that this one will be a quirky ornament rather than a wall hanging.

Does anyone else have any weird (but cute and quirky) ornaments on display at home?


I must also mention the cute drawing in the background. My daughter's little friend drew this picture of her one day. I thought that it was soooo cute that I just had to frame it - in an Ikea Ribba frame of course (if you haven't noticed I love Ikea)! The other Ribba frame has an Amy Butler fabric in it - and then there is the picture of my little girl at about ten months old. The photograph was taken by my very awesome wedding photographer from JSC Photographics.

I'll be back soon.

Fi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thanks for popping in to say hello.