I think that it turned out really well - and the whole loaf got eaten so it must have been alright!
I found the recipe in my favourite magazine - "Real Living" - in issue 71. Here is a scanned copy of the recipe. Yummy!
Here is the recipe from issue 71 of Real Living magazine:
Makes one loaf. prep time 25 minutes. Cooking time 1 hour.
Ingredients - 2 cups self-raising flour, 3/4 tsp of bicarb soda, 1/3 cup firmly packed sugar, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, pinch of salt, 4 overripe bananas, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 70g of melted butter (cooled).
1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan oven). Grease loaf tin (10cm x 20cm tin) and line with baking paper.
2. Sift flour, bicarb sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
3. Place bananas in a medium mixing bowl and mash well with a fork. Stir through the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, sour cream and cooled butter until well combined.
4. Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and stir through to combine.
5. Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted into centre of load comes out cleanly. Remove loaf from oven and cool for 10 min in tin. Turn loaf onto wire rack to cool completely.